Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus7945 Ignoramus7945 is offline

Default Golf cart story

On 2016-04-24, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 09:08:12 -0500, Ignoramus7945
wrote:

easy fix on a golf cart

https://www.machinerymoverschicago.c...ttery-Charger/

Here;'s what is interesting, besides the trivial repair.

I got this cart for next to nothing in a scrap metal purchase.

The company where I got this cart, originally bought it for its
founder. He was 88 years old and spent all his time at the factory,
running around it, overseeing everything, as founders are wont to do.

Then he got paralyzed and that is when they bought the golf cart for
him, so that he could continue to run around the factory. He used it
for 6 months.

The interesting thing is that 6 months later, he somehow got
un-paralyzed, stopped using the golf cart, and continued walking
around the factory on foot.

The cart sat unused and eventually they realized that it would not
charge, it sat abandoned for longer time, and then I bought it with
scrap metal.

The fix was to recrimp a wire.

Nice job! Nice cart too! Going to hang on to it?

No, I will sell it, for sure, but I will let my kids drive it until it
sells it. Both the 10 year old as well as 14 year old love it. Plus
the 14 year old needs to practice driving, like backing up etc.