Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.repair

Default Do battery chargers mostly suck, in your experience?

On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 10:25:19 -0500, Ignoramus7945

On 2016-04-24, Gunner Asch wrote:
Here is a brand that is quite good.

http://www.usabatterychargers.com/co...ry_charger.htm

I like those chargers, thanks.

That being said....USING battery chargers Can be more involved than
hooking up 2 leads and plugging it in. You need to know if the
battery itself can actually be recharged.

And this is why, any decent battery charger needs to have both amps AND
volts displays. With these two you can figure out what is going on
very quickly.

Ayup. And many folks today are so butt ignorant about "what is going
on very quickly" that voltmeters simply arent included because Aunt
Mae or Brother Bob doesnt have a clue, nor has any interest in knowing
whats going on. When the electric start snow blower or mower wont turn
over and fire up..they want to simply put the charger on it..wait a
long time (usally 15 minutes) and go do the mowing/blowing.

Im reminded daily..what an august group we have here. Smart people who
can actually find their asses with more than one hand..even
simultainiously or consecutivly!!
A very large portion of our population can barely pour in gas..let
alone know if its supposed to have oil mixed in it or not. As any
mower shop about that......