James Sweet

Default Replacement picture tube out of warranty?

Analogue TV will be switched off as soon as is practicable.
The fact that a total mess has been made of it (the changeover) is
irrelevant, it will happen.
--
geoff

I don't think that will particularly matter, we're in the age of one chip
does everything, it costs only pennies per unit to provide an analog output
in whatever video standard is desired from a digital cable box. Digital will
slowly creep in, but the analog TV will be with us for a while in one form
or another. The majority of the people I know with digital cable use it with
a standard TV, the only reason I see for HD is for movies.