Posted to alt.home.repair
Echo Echo is offline

Default Wash walls from bottom up or top down??

replying to aemeijers, Echo wrote:
"Ever tried repainting a heavily-used kitchen in any house, or any wall in a
house with smokers, without doing a scrub-down first?" Actually, my painter
did that. Prime with Kilz. It seals and covers smokers' walls just fine.

As far as the top down/bottom up controversy, it never goes away. Here's a
question that might make the answer obvious: How do you clean your kitchen
appliances or cabinets? Top down, right? Does it make any difference that
there are drips? No, because you get them as you go downward. I can't IMAGINE
working from bottom up and constantly having to go back and clean up drips. It
seems insane to me. All that extra work to re-clean a surface you just cleaned!

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...wn-623688-.htm