half_pint

Default Replacement picture tube out of warranty?

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , half_pint
writes

What is your observation and how is it relevant?

It was that 16:9 was a golden rectangle, and I claimed no relevance

I dont think it is, 16:9 is 1:1.8
A golden ratio is 1:1.62
(unless I have screwed up big time) (rare)

when the rectangle is as likely to be
horizontal as vertical, thus making a square a better shape
for a TV, and taken a little futher circular would be the
best comprimise (as mother nature discovered as she evloved
human vision thus resulting in round eyes, pupils, iris's
fovea and macular.)

Not got a real grip on the world have you ?

What makes you think that and what characteristics are displayed
(in your opinon) by someone with a 'grip on the world'?

Someone who recognises that the world is changing and that standing
still is, in effect moving backwards.

I am recognising the world is moving backwards.
By standing still I am effectively advancing :O)

Analogue TV will be switched off as soon as is practicable.

Never if it means swithcing to widescreen?

Digital and WS have been married to produce an ugly *******,
(if its possible to produce a ******* under wedlock).
Its a total cockup.
We would not be in this mess if I was in charge :O|

The fact that a total mess has been made of it (the changeover) is
irrelevant, it will happen.

Its a mess cos its bad, is a backwards step.
Backwards steps in evolution are rare and don;t usualy last long.

--
geoff