Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_5_] bert[_5_] is offline

Default Toyota Auris, no spare wheel

In article , The Natural Philosopher
writes
On 22/04/16 12:34, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
Whenever I have a tyre changed, I usually slacken the nuts off a bit
with a breaker bar, and retighten them to what I think is a more
sensible level. Some of the fitters seem to get carried away, these
days; and I bet that most people couldn't undo their tyre nuts with what
is generally found in the average wheel change kit.

Depends. Usually there is some bit of tube you can fit over the
wheelnut thingie. Or a roick you can bash it with

I've manually fitted stuff to 100+lb ft using nothing more than a 3 ft
bar. Same goes for wheelnuts. Impact drivers still have to be held in
someone's hand. There's a limit to the torque.

Of course many people don't understand just how tight wheel nuts need
to be...

But not so tight on alloys.
--
bert