James Sweet

Default Replacement picture tube out of warranty?

Why all the argument? The reason behind widescreen is irrelevant, the

fact
is that it's the format of the future, virtually every movie in

existance
was filmed in something closer to 16:9 than 4:3.

Actually 35mm film is 36mmx24mm - 3:2. Most early films were shot on
that format....

Which is almost exactly in the middle between 4:3 and 16:9, my
interpretation of that is that for older fims it's a tossup, for newer films
16:9 is the clear winner, looks like a point scored for WS.

Perhaps my view on this subject is also due to the fact that I can't think
of anything worth watching on TV aside from movies and a very occasional
show on the history channel, if 95% of the TV's use is for wide material
then it would make sense to go with a wide set should I ever get a newer one
than I have.