half_pint

Default Replacement picture tube out of warranty?

"David Hemmings" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 23:16:33 -0000, "half_pint"
wrote:

"Bob Brenchley." wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 21:50:14 -0000, "half_pint"
wrote:

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , half_pint
writes

I thought that 16:9 formed a golden rectangle.

There is no such thing as a golden rectangle, its a myth which

developed
in the 18th-19th century. Google in it but be careful to
avoid the red herring sites.

Well Leonardo and the ancient greeks certainly recognised it

The greeks may have a golden ratio in maths however it is nothing to
do with art.
Oh and claims about the Mona Lisa are b*llocks.
Apart from anything else the picture is not widescreen it is
quite the opposite. Its much taller than it is wide.
Bit odd that eh?

No.

Yes.

You find it quite funny that a portrait is taller than it is wide ?

No I find it funny that people use the (invalid) golden rectangle
arguement for WS TV's when the rectangle is as likely to be
horizontal as vertical, thus making a square a better shape
for a TV, and taken a little futher circular would be the
best comprimise (as mother nature discovered as she evloved
human vision thus resulting in round eyes, pupils, iris's
fovea and macular.)