Posted to uk.d-i-y
3899jk 3899jk is offline

Default Toyota Auris, no spare wheel

On 22/04/16 12:19, wrote:
I really don't understand the comment regarding not carrying a sapar
wheel in this day and age. I am living testament to the fact that
tyres still puncture..

The rationale is - as I discovered on pulling over to help a woman with
a puncture - that very few people actually are capable of changing a
wheel.

They call the AA etc.

Who will truck the car to a tyre repair place, or fit one on the spot or
whatever.

e.g.

https://tyres.theaa.com/tyre-advice/...age/punctures/

where they recommend you don't fit a spare wheel at all, as its too
dangerous by and large etc etc...

Of course there is no self interest in that 'recommendation' at all.