Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Green value for money

"Stuart Noble" wrote in message
On 17/04/2016 07:41, Bob Martin wrote:
in 1476921 20160416 134307 The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
On 16/04/16 11:42, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
[1] Mr and Mrs Pillock, what with her being a (former?) MEP and all,
will be trousering several hundred k a year in EU pensions and so
forth. No wonder they're supporting "remain".

And you'll expect Farage to give up his?

No, but then I'm not a kipper.

Nigel has said on many occasions he would be delighted to go back to his
old job, and get right out of politics once we are right out of the EU.

He remains one of the few politicians I almost believe.

I don't trust the opinion of anyone who thinks the EU issue is black and
white.
There are advantages and disadvantages to our membership, and anyone
who thinks otherwise is letting his ideology rule his head.

Europe has form when it comes to creating world wars.

And less than full world wars too.

If the EU helps prevent that, then I'm in.

True.

Easy to get complacent but it could all happen over again

I doubt it. Essentially because nukes make world wars unthinkable now.

And we weren't actually stupid enough to try to ****
Germany over for losing the most recent one and in
fact the Marshall Plan very effectively ensured that
them and the Japs wouldn’t want to start another.