Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ecnerwal[_3_] Ecnerwal[_3_] is offline

Default shop smiths

In article ,
Electric Comet wrote:

i will have to keep my eyes open for one with the sanding extras

The 12" disc is standard (if not lost). The optional 6x48 belt has an
accessory shaft that you could probably hang a 6" disc off of. The 12"
disc in combination with the tablesaw table and being (therefore)
mounted on the quill-feed end is very useful.

Max RPM is 5000 stock (10000 on the jointer driveshaft) Min is either
750 or 550. Only adjust while the machine is turning, and proper
procedure is to always turn to low speed before shutdown.

In the later years they made (at times, not always) both a speed doubler
and a speed reducer accessory, but they were overpriced and looked
flimsy as heck to me - I never tried one.