les

Default dvd player buying advice

It also depends what you want to view. I spent some time buying/ testing/
returning
about 12 units to see what they did and how well. I had some ideas about the
image quality and whether they could handle VCD, JPG's, and MP3 files, for
example,
as well as the DVD function. After all is said and done, I found they all
have different
capabilities, none did all things well, and the one thing all had "issues"
with was
MP3. In my ideal world, the ID3 tags would come up on a front plasma display
with relevant data, bypassing the horrible TV display that in general
truncates this info to some unreadable gibberish........totally useless
"feature" as far as I'm concerned.
Might as well continue using my computer to play the disks !!
What are the engineers thinking ??

Les