Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] paulvmitchell@yahoo.com is offline

Default Craftsman Radial Arm Saw Recall / Free Upgrade Kit

On Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 10:28:18 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I called Sears about the recall and they told me my saw wasn't affected (typical Sears BS) when I knew mine was. Called Emerson at 1-800-511-2628 and had them run the model and serial number. Sure enough, they sent me the retrofit kit which includes the new table parts. If they haven't accounted for all of the saws affected, they have to honor your request. Sears will try and tell you the recall has ended, but it hasn't. Emerson will try and offer you a $100 to send the carriage assembly back to them, but opt for the kit. I called them about a month ago and my retrofit kit got here yesterday and I've already gotten it installed. I have an electronic model and I wasn't about to disable a perfectly good saw. Just some info for all you other woodworkers out there.

I have an electronic model also 113190600. Am going to chk on kit. Any advice. Thanks.