Millie Meecher

Default Replacement picture tube out of warranty?

"Fraser" wrote in message
news
When you say manufacturing defect, do you mean a defect unique to my item,
or would it also include a generic design defect? The guy in the repair

shop
mentioned it as a known problem with this tube, and in my mind that would

be
suitable justification for repair.

Fraser.

Sorry Fraser, only just seen this post.
Had a Toshiba tube go at three year old (not the same model as yours). Wrote
to them, and they requested proof of purchase and an engineer's report
stating the tube had failed.

Never heard a word from them myself, but they contacted the engineer and
offered to pay for the tube. I paid the labour.

The address I wrote to was at Camberley, Surry. GU15 3DT

HTH