Posted to sci.electronics.repair
J.B. Wood[_2_] J.B. Wood[_2_] is offline

Default 1960s-1970s Telephone Repair

Here is a brand new phone in that style for $33

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scitec-Singl...W/301751024095

I had some of those, but no one wanted them. They ended up being
scrapped. I have a pile of WE & SC Touchtone keypads from several
hundred old 1A2 business phones that I scrapped, as well. I have a large
box of 400 series KTU cards, as well.

Hello, and while I'm certainly grateful for all the responses to my OP
I'm sort of thinking that whatever adhesive I might use to glue that
plastic (nylon?) piece back together is at best short term. Trying to
staple the pieces together might work if the staples don't get in the
way of the contacts. Still kind of kludgy, though. And then there's
the prospect of reassembling all those hook switch contacts properly and
with the insulating spacers where they need to be. Once that cradle
return spring is put back into position it will most likely cause a
stress break in the same area again. The proper repair solution would
be to replace the entire switch hook assembly but that would entail
drilling out the rivets that mount it to the phone base plate and
attaching an identical (NOS ideally) replacement if I could obtain one.
Sincerely,

--
J. B. Wood e-mail: