Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim R[_2_] Tim R[_2_] is offline

Default Weller gun tips

On Monday, April 18, 2016 at 9:24:03 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Monday, April 18, 2016 at 8:46:02 AM UTC-4, Tim R wrote:
On Saturday, April 16, 2016 at 8:44:46 PM UTC-4, wrote:

Ford's E250 lighting is under control with 3 more on the roof 2 driving and one spot for the berm.

Recessed headlamps produce a remarkable dark channel off the center grill that is tiring, unacceptably dangerous. A hella spot cured this then corner lamps as I have stopped n got out with a flashlight finding the street sides to turn off into. And raised road approaches like once RR tracks.....great view of telephone wiring.

And you absolutely blind me when you drive behind me. Or approach me. How about a little consideration for other drivers on the road?

That is not the way of the lighting-obsessed. But some have reasons.

I know of at least two otherwise sane individuals, one male, one female, whose vehicles look like spaceships taking off when they drive. How did they get that way? Both are *barely* survivors of hitting a deer. Lights and deer whistles are what let them get back behind the wheel.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

this is all I found:
https://www.cga.ct.gov/2006/rpt/2006-R-0198.htm

It talks about Connecticut regulations and references some apparently complicated Federal standards. It does say no part of the high intensity beam can hit an oncoming driver's eyes.

When we lived in Europe, regulations required the headlights be adjustable either manually or automatically for vehicle loading, so that for example a couple of heavy back seat passengers didn't raise the headlight beam into the eyes of an oncoming car. They also had strictly enforced limits on operating extra lights - fog lights could only be turned on when weather required, and you'd better have reduced your speed if you were operating them.