Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Tuning Up A Century Old Dresser - With Roller Guides

On 04/14/2016 11:33 AM, dpb wrote:
On 04/14/2016 10:34 AM, Leon wrote:

BTY stay safe in the next few days! Looks like rain and wind is in your
forecast.

We're hopin'...wind is always with us; rain, "not so much".

Just heard on the AgrTalk weather segment this morning they've
officially announced a La Nina watch which means likely end of the El
Nino cycle and typically puts us back into the dry slot again...we just
emerged this last year from five years of extreme drought so if that
comes come to pass it ain't lookin' good again for a while...so a real
soaking wet event would be a godsend first...

Well, we got home yesterday evening after being in SE KS for a family
funeral...rained on us in varying intensity from not far west of Iola
until nearly home where a shower had just passed. Many areas had from
4" to nearly 7"; there was a total of only 0.45" in the gauge at the
house only. But, guess we have to be thankful for that, 20 miles on S
was even less. The heavy rains "trained" over the same narrow bands for
two days and we were, as seems so often the case, in the are the inflow
setup and were thus "dryslotted" with heavier rains on both sides of us
as near as ten miles or perhaps less...radio in town said they had
around an inch which isn't 10 mi away to airport which is the
measurement location I presume they were using...

But, it is at least something altho won't last long....was a little
severe weather around, but not much other than some localized flooding
in the really local areas that got it. I'd not mind takin' my chances,
frankly given as dry as we've been for the previous five...a few
waterholes in low spots would be a novel occurrence.