Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default True cost of "filling" an electric car?

On Friday, 15 April 2016 21:19:49 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 12:19:45 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Tuesday, 12 April 2016 21:53:50 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 21:45:01 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message news On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 12:23:54 +0100, whisky-dave
wrote:

On Monday, 11 April 2016 22:23:02 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Wed, 06 Apr 2016 11:49:36 +0100, whisky-dave
wrote:

Then don't plug in 1 million mp3 players at the same time then.
As this would be how a smartmeter could detect and know what you are
plugging in.
I do know someone that was writing an app for use with smartmeters.

Easy enough to make your car charge unevenly to simulate other things.

No it would't be in reality.
Sure you could just charge your car at 100ma the same as a torch, for a
few weeks, but no one would care would they.

But we use things like kettles, tumble driers, etc. So you just make the
car charge then stop then charge then stop, preferably at a different
level each time.

Problem with that approach is that a normal 13A charger isnt anything
like good enough for an electric car used to go to work and back every
day, and playing silly buggers like that will only make that problem worse.

Then use more than 13A. I can take 80A into my house right now (I don't have an electric car) without them asking me why.

IMO most wouldn't bother and would just pay the tax.

Then they're idiots, as a diesel would then cost the same (in fact less as there's no huge battery replacement cost).

Why do people have diesel driven cars as it;'s mnore expenive than pertol and has more harmful polutants so why buy a car that costs more in fuel to run.

Actually it's the same price as petrol. It usually differs by only a few pence, and that can be in either direction. But you must have noticed diesel cars get FAR MORE mpg.

Then why do the majority have petrol cars. Could it be that diesel cars cost more because that's what I was told.

--
A Irish family is sitting in the living room.
The wife turns to the husband and says, "Let's send the kids out back to p-l-a-y , so we can ****."