Alfred E. Neuman

Default Computer power supply compatiility

"My father's son" wrote in
:

Well having bought it I kinda wanted to know if it would work rather
than having to buy another which might well be the same (but at 83
times the price): Do you KNOW htat Compaq s are non-standard ATXs?
(It IS A rocker switch on the back of the power supply module itself)

I'm fairly positive that Compaq power supplies ARE standard in regards to their
power output. The only problem I've experienced regarding Compaq power
supplies is that a standard ATX power supply will not mount correctly in a
Compaq case. Aside from the mounting problem, however, a standard ATX power
supply will power a Compaq motherboard just fine. Given that, I assume the two
are giving the same output, unless Compaq has made their motherboards
compatible with a proprietary power supply and the standard power supplies,
which I doubt.