Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default water pipe vs DOM

On Sun, 17 Apr 2016 19:15:16 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 17 Apr 2016 14:05:14 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 17 Apr 2016 07:53:04 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Want to see
some nice 4130 Tig work?? Take a look at my Pegazair at
http://www.pegazair.on-the-net.ca/Cl...d/airframe.htm

That cluster is terrifying to a newb welder like myself. Did he use a
gas lens to get his rig down into there?

Yes, I believe a Gas lens was used

Saay, won't that plane be larger than the house, once it's winged?

Wingspan will be roughly 35 feet with the tips installed

Those Corvair engines are smooth and sweet. I miss my old '62
convertibles. The red one was quieter at 100mph on the freeway in
SoCal than Mom's Lincoln Continental.

Did you hear it running on the test stand?? That 180 degree exhaust
makes it sound SWEET!!!

That's a nice quiet purr! You hear the tips of the prop more than the
exhaust. It's probably quiet in the air, too.

One thing for sure,it'll sound like no other plane in the air..
Almost like a V-12. I suspect it will be the only vair in the air with
180 degree headers