Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Green value for money

On Saturday, 16 April 2016 18:29:10 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:

Surely the idea of the EU is it works for the benefit of all?

Does anyone these days believe it does?

Absolutely
no point in it if it is merely a fight between various factions trying to
get the best for their own agenda. There's more than enough of that in the
UK parliament.

exactly, it's as you put it pointless

But I have none at all for Commissioners, since none of them does
anything useful.

There we differ. Lots of very good thing have come from the EU.

Yup, but too much crap with it. Part of the problem is of the UK's making. If you don't get invovled in saying no to things, they happen without your say.

The other part of the problem is tht the EU is doing things that affect all without participants' agreement. Had it been set up more sanely there wouldn't be the problems - policies should only be passed when the participant countries agree with them. Whatever the original agenda, it has become a power grab.

NT