Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default This has become a very Scary World to live in.

On Sun, 17 Apr 2016 22:35:13 +0100, Uncle Monster wrote:

On Sunday, April 17, 2016 at 2:51:55 PM UTC-5, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sun, 17 Apr 2016 20:04:05 +0100, Uncle Monster wrote:

On Sunday, April 17, 2016 at 12:11:44 PM UTC-5, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sun, 17 Apr 2016 01:35:53 +0100, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Saturday, April 16, 2016 at 8:04:40 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/16/2016 7:09 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

BTW: When I was 8 years old I could not make it home from school, so I
peed in a sewer. A kid in my class yelled, "I'm gonna tell."

Errr.... a sewer is precisely where your pee goes anyway, so you did good.

Not necessarily.

In many municipalities, any sewer that you could pee into is not the sewer you
should be peeing into.

Then it isn't a sewer. A sewer is for human effluent. If it's a for rainwater, it's not a sewer.

Where exactly do you go to get all of your incorrect information?

Sewer takes in a lot of different systems, but they all come under the
same overall term. Sanitary sewers usually carry the effluent from
toilets. Storm drains usually carry the water runoff from rain.
Combined sewers do both.

I know that...it's the Bird Brain that needs the information.

Storm drains are very often referred to as storm *sewers*. When he says
"If it's a for rainwater, it's not a sewer." he's wrong.

I provided a few links for him to check out.

This is the Cambridge dictionary, the most respected one. Don't bother arguing about it, this dictionary is correct and you are wrong:
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict.../english/sewer

"a large pipe, usually underground, that is used for carrying waste water and human waste away from buildings to a place where they can be safely got rid of"
--
My British cousins often forget that words may have different meanings on either side of The Atlantic. For instance,"Smoke a fag" means entirely different things in each country. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle American Monster

We aren't obsessed with homosexuality like the Americans.
--

Americans aren't anymore obsessed with homosexuality than British people. I imagine you're infested with them as much as you are with Muslims. Only one of those groups is going to kill the other then turn their weapons on you. Perhaps I should have used something more Politically Correct like the word,"Napkin". ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Nappy Monster

Actually, we call them faggots. Fag is for smoking, faggot is for blowjobs.

--
McMurphy fell 12 stories, hitting the pavement like a paper bag filled with vegetable soup.