Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Why is it?

On Sun, 17 Apr 2016 12:40:06 -0700 (PDT)
" wrote:

snip

I made a slight mod to my little MIG welder. I drilled a
hole in the back panel so I can mount a 30 lb spool on some
supports behind the welder and run tte wire thru the hole
and on to the pinch rollers. The intent is of course to be
able to use 30 lb spools , but it does make it easy to see
both sides of the spool.

Pretty funny. I had to cob together an adapter to use a 2lb spool in my
Millermatic 200. No problem mounting 44lb spools

Normally I always ran the big spools of .035 ER70S-6 wire so it really
didn't matter if I could read the label or not. Kinda knew already what
was in it.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b