Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Why is it?

On Sunday, April 17, 2016 at 2:08:46 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Why is it?
Every small and medium sized MIG welder I see has the wire loaded on
the right hand side of the machine and the wire unrolls off the bottom
of the spool. Yet every spool of MIG wire I have seen that fits in
these machines only has one label and this label is on the side of the
spool that faces in so the spool must be removed in order to see what
kind of wire it is.
Sheesh!
Eric

I made a slight mod to my little MIG welder. I drilled a hole in the back panel so I can mount a 30 lb spool on some supports behind the welder and run tte wire thru the hole and on to the pinch rollers. The intent is of course to be able to use 30 lb spools , but it does make it easy to see both sides of the spool.

Dan