Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] avagadro7@gmail.com is offline

Default Weller gun tips

On Monday, April 11, 2016 at 8:46:43 PM UTC-4, wrote:
well, bought a 140/100 watt gun and tips. The standard tips fell apart at the tip. As if the tips were soldered together. Very funny HaHa.

Is there a heavier duty tip for the 140/100 watt gun ?

I used one in HS that would blow a hole thru the fridge door. This gun is not that. Nor did I experience tip failure.

opinions ?

the gun is an 8200 for auto primary wire 14/14 14/12 then connectors 10 and 8.

solder to copper lugs

found Weller-Ungar 7135 unplated copper tips at Amazon n bought 4.

the standard tips offered at Weller are an unusual ripoff in the tool area.

I did not expect crap from Weller.

need to look for the dumpster copper house wiring

gnaw, nothing special just holding tip to wires...zaaap fell a part....2 parts.

there are 3 Weller Home Depot irons with aftermarket chisel tips. and a wire pipe cleaner for the barrel. Not enuogh for 12ga.

one works fairly well.

nice collection of nippers. hard losing track if there are 3 or more.

Ford's E250 lighting is under control with 3 more on the roof 2 driving and one spot for the berm.

Recessed headlamps produce a remarkable dark channel off the center grill that is tiring, unacceptably dangerous. A hella spot cured this then corner lamps as I have stopped n got out with a flashlight finding the street sides to turn off into. And raised road approaches like once RR tracks....great view of telephone wiring.

he https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...rd/xQWaFoH2-D8

Ford people are pleased.I wuz in Dakota speaking with Ford guys getting air for a spiked tire. I wuz explaining the effects of adding anti roll bars n Bilstein shocks .... mechanic yelled from the back that everyone knew as everyone was reading my stuff online.

damn Weller.