Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Green value for money

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
Surely the idea of the EU is it works for the benefit of all? Absolutely
no point in it if it is merely a fight between various factions trying to
get the best for their own agenda. There's more than enough of that in the
UK parliament.

That might be the *idea*, but it's not the reality. When Portugal was
acceding, at the last minute the Greeks demanded another 1B euros to
agree to let them join. Blackmail, IOW. And what do you think happens
in the EU *except* "fight(s) between various factions trying to get the
best for their own agenda". It's no different than in the US congress,
and it's called pork-barrel politics. Of course, the US is another
entity that needs breaking up into its constituent states.

As does the UK by that definition. And England.

If you think that everyone in the EU is actually "working for the
benefit of all", then I've got a bridge to sell you. Why else d'ye
think we want out?

'We'? I'm not sure of the reasons why some of those who want out do. Hear
lots of talk about sovereignty and so on. Understandable if you were part
of the royal family. But of no consequence whatever to the average man in
the street. And of course about the regulations stifling UK industry -
that somehow only apply to the UK and not other member countries.

--
*Why is the word abbreviation so long? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.