Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default True cost of "filling" an electric car?

On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 15:15:18 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Thursday, 14 April 2016 21:24:35 UTC+1, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 14/04/2016 12:17, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 12 April 2016 21:42:09 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

and why would that matter. Are you assuming that the electricity to charge yuor car will be free, just like I was told that nuclear energy would be so cheap in teh furture they wouldn't bother billing us for it.

No, I'm referring to what was monitored earlier in the thread, that they would charge MORE for car electricity, just as they charge more for car diesel than farm diesel.
Why would they decide to charge more for car electicity. Why would the electricity copmpany care ?

The government would probably increase the tax on car electricity,

what is the current tax on car electricity ?

4%, same as any other electricity.

just as they have increased the tax on car diesel over farm diesel.

The motorist is seen to have lots of money, and can be taxed heavily.

Andy

So add £2k or whatever to every new battery powered car purchased.

Or they could re-invent road tax as electricity tax and every electric car with DLVC pay the tax. as simple as road tax .

It's no where near as difficult as some are claiming.

With petrol and diesel tax, they charge you according to how much driving you do, Unless they put a GPS unit in the electric car and spy on you, that will no longer be possible. We don't want GPS units, or people would all be getting done for speeding 100 times a day.

--
A group of cowboys were branding some cattle.
While they were out the cook saw a sheep tied to a post. Thinking it was for that nights dinner he cooked it.