Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Green value for money

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
Well, name one MEP from your favourite party who is declining to take
an EU pension. And preferably one who isn't so rich it wouldn't matter
anyway.

The number of people in any walk of life who would turn down free dosh
is small.

It's not free dosh. Part of their salary package.

I have a bit more sympathy with MEPs who try to mitigate the
worst effect of the EU by arguing for Britain in EU committees.

Surely the idea of the EU is it works for the benefit of all? Absolutely
no point in it if it is merely a fight between various factions trying to
get the best for their own agenda. There's more than enough of that in the
UK parliament.

But I have none at all for Commissioners, since none of them does
anything useful.

There we differ. Lots of very good thing have come from the EU.

An MEP who is fighting hard to put himself out of a job is Dan Hannan.

Ah. Another kipper lover. Say no more.

--
*Where do forest rangers go to "get away from it all?"

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.