Posted to alt.home.repair

Default furnace sizing in cold country

On 4/15/2016 1:35 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 08:54:24 -0400, Stormin Mormon

My three bedroom mobile home came with 80,000
and I replaced it with a 70,000 BTU per hour
furnace. Heats fine. Recovers from cold rapidly.

My 3 bedroom 2 storey plus finished basement has a 35,000/55,000BTU 2
stage furnace here in Ontario Canada and IT is oversized. (the house
is a draft free and reasonably well insulated 40+ year old brick and
aluminum siding structure)

Lot of factors in sizing a furnace. Windows,
insullation, and so on. I'm pleased to hear
your home is well made. Mine, well, less so.

--
..
Christopher A. Young