The Natural Philosopher

Default Damp wall

Christian McArdle wrote:

The lowest point on the outside would be around the top of the
skirting board on the inside, so I'm guessing I'd still have a
proble.

The whole point is that the injection is done above the outside ground
level. Otherwise, you are swapping no DPC for a bridged one, which may be
better, but possibly not by much. The problem is that your floor level is
low, making it partly cellar.

Yes, but, injection DPC injects a whole area of brick anyway.

What they would probably do in a case like this is start holes above
gorund and agnle down from ourside, inject and hen you need to tank up
inside to the level of the injectors or a bit above. May have a problem
if water gets into the floor tho. Best solution would be something likke
a full DPM over the floor carried up the walls to above injection level,
screed and plaster afterwards

Christian.