Posted to alt.home.repair

Default power invertor (or generator)

On 4/15/2016 12:18 AM, Micky wrote:

I have a little propane heater, but I think it's really for 49 degree
nights in the woods in a tent, not even for one room when it's 30 out.
I didn't even think of using it. It has frightening warnings about
opening the window so you don't die.

Hmm. one model of your says
Mr. Heater Little Buddy Propane Heater
Item # 411148
Kicks out 3,800 BTU per hour for 5.6 hrs.

That does seem like a lot. I forget what my furnace does.

If memory serves, a pound of propane delivers
21,500 BTU.

In the years I installed furnaces, the smallest
I can remember was probably 60,000 BTU per hour.

My three bedroom mobile home came with 80,000
and I replaced it with a 70,000 BTU per hour
furnace. Heats fine. Recovers from cold rapidly.

--
..
Christopher A. Young