Posted to alt.home.repair

Default power invertor (or generator)

On 4/14/2016 9:06 PM, Micky wrote:
On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 20:56:01 -0400, Stormin Mormon

What did you use for heat, those four days?

It was 3 days and a little bit. It just got colder and colder, until
I coudlnt' take it anymore. It wasn't the dead of winter, just
winter, and Baltimore can have 40 or 50 degrees in the daytime, though
I dont' remember details. It was certainly fine the first day, and
cool the second I suppose. I would normally boil water to raise the
humidity, but my stove is electric too unfortunately. I'm sure I
lasted until the 3rd day but I think it was the fourth.

I remember about the same, with my four day power
cut. The first day was adventure, the second was
more cold. Third day was miserable.

Hot showers help a lot, to warm me up. Also going
some place in the car lets the vehicle heater warm
me up. When I finally releted and wired my generator
into the furnace, that was the best of all.

--
..
Christopher A. Young