Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Green value for money

In article ,
michael adams wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 14/04/2016 16:43, michael adams wrote:

I was simply pointing out which was by far, the biggest waste
of taxpayers money.

Indeed, I much prefer having the nukes...

Indeed. Why waste £ 240 million, of taxpayers money on
an ill-conceived "green" scheme to upgrade Britain's entire
housing stock by installing insulation, and double glazing,
when for only 758 times as much, (£18.2 billions and counting)
the UK can be granted the privilege of leasing a completely
useless nuclear weapons system from the USA.

http://www.publications.parliament.u...86/986we13.htm

It's impossible to concieve of better value for money than that
really, short of being granted permission to apply to become
the 51st State of the Union.

But there again, even if there are any British taxpayers who
still baulk at wasting, sorry spending £18.2 billions on this
wonderful opportunity to lease these useless missiles, as Tim
Streater says in a two party system as mainly applies in the
UK the voters always have the chance to vote out of office any
party that supports such a policy. Er, except that both of them
do of course.

With a united Europe the costs of a nuclear deterrent could be shared by
all members. But those who want out probably consider many of those
countries enemies anyway. ;-)

As regards the insulation scheme, I'd have been very interested if it had
offered options for the common older Victorian house. And allowed at least
a degree of DIY. But as it was implemented it looked like just another
pressure group (insulating firms etc) persuading the government it would
be a good idea. For only them, of course.

--
*Husband and cat lost -- reward for cat

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.