Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Cat proofing a stereo

"T i m" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 19:51:54 +0100, "ARW"
wrote:

snip

I was brought up with Labadors and Border terriers as pets.

What I call 'proper dogs'. Anything from the working / hound family
even including things like std poodles (along with Dalmatians aren't
breeds you see very often these days) work for me. ;-)

I would love to have a dog but it would be left on it's own all day and so
cannot have one.

Is the right answer.

Nope, worked fine for me.

Well, you could, as long as it was either old

Doesn't need to be, mine worked fine all its life.

and slept most the time

All dogs do.

or you had someone who could give it a good walk midday.

Don't need anything like that.

We were both at work when we had three dogs but one (or
both) of us were generally close enough to be able to give
them the best part of an hours walk every lunchtime.

Complete waste of time. I came home for lunch most days
and never bothered.