Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default True cost of "filling" an electric car?

On 14/04/2016 12:17, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 12 April 2016 21:42:09 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

and why would that matter. Are you assuming that the electricity to charge yuor car will be free, just like I was told that nuclear energy would be so cheap in teh furture they wouldn't bother billing us for it.

No, I'm referring to what was monitored earlier in the thread, that they would charge MORE for car electricity, just as they charge more for car diesel than farm diesel.

Why would they decide to charge more for car electicity. Why would the electricity copmpany care ?

The government would probably increase the tax on car electricity, just
as they have increased the tax on car diesel over farm diesel.

The motorist is seen to have lots of money, and can be taxed heavily.

Andy