Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default True cost of "filling" an electric car?

On Tuesday, 12 April 2016 21:42:09 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

and why would that matter. Are you assuming that the electricity to charge yuor car will be free, just like I was told that nuclear energy would be so cheap in teh furture they wouldn't bother billing us for it.

No, I'm referring to what was monitored earlier in the thread, that they would charge MORE for car electricity, just as they charge more for car diesel than farm diesel.

Why would they decide to charge more for car electicity. Why would the electricity copmpany care ?

We're not talking about getting free electricity, or even avoiding tax on electricity, just lying about what you are using that electricity for.

who gives a ****.

Me, when there are two vastly different rates.

Why would there be two vastly different rates ?

The only way the meter could be sure what you use it for is if there were two seperate outputs from the meter, one to the car charging socket, and one to the rest of your house. And what's to stop you just connecting the car to the wrong outlet?

you have a ****ing meter just like you have a petrol guage in the car not in the house as then it will be used at garages and friends houses and anywhere else you charge from.
All yuo need in yuor home smartmeter is teh ability to communicate with the car, them everything else is controlled from the car.
If for any reason yuor smartmeter needs to know how much you charge the car up it interigest the car for the info.
These sort of communication have been around for years oon formuala one and the like transmitting info back to the pits about all sorts of car systems.

I'd disconnect that ****. My electricity company has no business knowing what I use my electricity for. It could be my dishwasher, my car, or a marijuana farm.

why would your electricity company care it dosn;t ate the momnent are you saying that you get charge differnt prices depending on whether yuo plug the kettle or teh dishwasher in ? Never heard of that before.
Do yuo disconnect E7 economy tarrof two so the elecric company can't tell when or what you're charging.