Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default True cost of "filling" an electric car?

On Tuesday, 12 April 2016 21:39:49 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 15:23:58 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

What is it going to cost to fill up with electricity ?
Simple question.
Or how much per kw

**** all compared to overly taxed petrol.

So why tax it, if it's that cheap it'd cost mor eto collect the tax that you get.

so, what will a car be called a non dometisc applience whicvh gets free electricity paid for by the govenrment ?

It's paid for by me, at the same rate as my household electricity, just not overly taxed like petrol. Petrol has 400% tax!

Well if it's paid by you someone has to work out how much you owe them.
Now if the company that supplies you with the electricity doesn't know how much you're taking from them.... and if they do which is what I suspect then the govenment will ask them.

What you havent explained is why the govenrment will choose to tax electricity differntly for cars. They dont tax it differntly for kettle TV, washing machine and storage raidators.

can you tell me who's going to pay for the elecicity used to drive UK cars.

Their owners.

exactly so why all, this woryy about how will the govenment tax these owners.

--
The New York Times, among other papers, recently published a new Hubble photograph of distant galaxies colliding.
Of course, astronomers have had pictures of colliding galaxies for quite some time now, but with the vastly improved resolution provided by the Hubble Space Telescope, you can actually see the lawyers rushing to the scene...