Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Green value for money

In article ,
wrote:
Perhaps those who are clearly exercised about this waste, might care
to explain what value for money the UK taxpayer is getting exactly
having spent £17.6 billion on the current Trident programme, at the
cost £280 million per year, with a further £31.bn in 2010

do you not know why we have military spending?

What sort of military spending has been of actual use since the last WW?

That spent on conventional weapons, etc. And the conventional side of the
navy. And in both of those, we are badly under strength at the present
time. I'd hate to think what the outcome would be today if there was
another Falklands war.

So spending a large proportion of the military cake on a 'deterrent' with
no other uses is a nonsense, while starving the important side of cash.

given that the Soviet Union never even existed throughout the whole of
that time.

Russia still exists, so does the middle east etc.

Neither of which is likely to start a nuclear war. If the religious
terrorists of the middle east were capable of it, they'd already have done
so.

--
*I dropped out of communism class because of lousy Marx.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.