Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Small wire cutters/snippers - recommendations?

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 07:51:40 +0000, Bob Martin wrote:

in 1476147 20160413 142303 Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 13:50:12 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
David wrote:
I used to have a really useful set of very small wire snips - a
Swedish make (Lindtrom). Good for getting into tight spaces for
cutting thin wires. [Note: just found a small pair of needle nosed
pliers and managed to look up the maker. Then Googled. Mainly US
hits, but £plenty!]

To the best of my knowledge, Lindstrom are still the make to go for.
Although I have also got RS own brand which are close. May well have
been made by them. But both refer to some years ago.

I have a Lindstrom pair for PCB work and they were worth the 40 quid I
paid. But I don't use them for everyday 'rough' work.

I bought a set from Lidl (red and yellow handles) - small cutters,
snipe nose pliers and ordinary. Good enough for most things and cheap
enough to lose. ;-)

It seems easier to get decent electrician's size side cutters at a
good price than the smaller ones. Economy of scale, I suppose. My
favourites are an ancient set of CK ones.

As it happens, I have a pair of 4 inch uninsulated cutters here on my
desk. My favourite pair (just reclaimed from son's room after he
'borrowed' them). They are Elliott-Lucas, and are 50 years and 4 months
old!

Your christening present? ;-)

I wish. 15th birthday!