Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default power invertor

On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 11:40:21 AM UTC-4, Micky wrote:
On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 08:04:06 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Most accessory plugs these days can't able handle the loads
they used to.

That stinks. They can't spend a tiny bit of money on a thicker
wire?

To what end? How many people actually need more power than the modern
accessory sockets provide?

Oh, BTW, do you think that they would just give away that "tiny bit of
money"? No, they would raise the price of the vehicle. I don't need to
pay more for my vehicles just because you plan on (stinking up your's by)
taking up cigars.

And I was going to take up cigars.

My 2000 Toyota has pretty much nothing but thin wires, while the 95
Chrysler and everything before it had much heavier wires everywhere.
Have American cars degenerated too? Or is it just Toyota and maybe
Japanese?

It seems like most inverter manufacturers have taken this
into account and no longer offer "accessory plugs" on anything other than
their smallest models. Anything of decent size has to be connected directly
to the battery or to wires from the battery that are of substantial gauge.