Posted to alt.home.repair

Default power invertor

On 4/13/2016 11:35 AM, Micky wrote:
On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 09:59:45 -0400, Stormin Mormon
if the power was out. Find out that the inverter
didn't have enough power to run the blower fan
on the furnace. Makes me wonder what size of
inverter and drill would run a scissor jack?

I bought some tiny inverter because it was cheap, and took it out to
the edge of the woods to run an electric drill. How much could a
small drill use, I thought. The inverter was nowhere near big enough.
I was going to drill a hole in the pine-cone shaped post cap of a
chain link fence. When the drill didnt' work, I touched it and
realized it would come right off with no effort. So I took it home
and drilled the hole.

Since that time, I think I've found out that the
12 volt DC wires they supply are under sized. One
other friend had similar problem, using under size
DC wires. I wonder if you had under sized DC wires?

If you have VOM and a clamp on ammeter for AC, perhaps
you can do some tests, and we can all learn.

I'd do a test on my new furnace, but don't want to risk
frying a circuit board on modified sine power.

--
..
Christopher A. Young