Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moo is offline

Default (OT) Bud Lite & Busch Lite Sucks

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 07:30:50 -0500, CRNG
wrote:

That column involved a tasting of popular American beers. The uniform
opinion of the tasting panel was that they all tasted as if they had been
run through a horse.

What is the supposed purpose of drinking a "Lite" beer? Is it to
consume less alcohol? Why would anyone want to do that?

The lite beers are about 0.5 to 1% less alcohol. But they are supposed
to be lower in calories. What drives me crazy is that well over half the
people that drink it, are NOT on any diet, and many dont need to be. It
seems more like a fad than a need to drink the stuff. Almost every time
I am around beer drinkers, whether it's in a bar, or some sort of event,
I see about 90% or more of the cans are Bud or Busch Lite. Since I know
a bar owner, I asked him the percentage of sales, and those two are
about 90% of his sales.

What really gets me is that those lite beers have less than half the
taste, compared to the "full" beer from that same company.

I dont like any Anhauser Busch beers (Bud or Busch), but if I want a
beer and nothing else is being sold, I'll take a regular Budweiser. But
sooner or later someone is going to hand me a Lite, because they seem to
think everyone drinks it. I'll usually drink it, but I surely dont enjoy
it. The last wedding I went to, had Bud Lite in their tapper. I had one,
the rest of the nite I drank the free soda pop instead. It tasted better
and eliminated the headache I ususally get from Lite beers, if I drink
more than two.