Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Small wire cutters/snippers - recommendations?

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 14:32:04 +0100, Muddymike wrote:

On 13/04/2016 12:09, David wrote:
I used to have a really useful set of very small wire snips - a Swedish
make (Lindtrom). Good for getting into tight spaces for cutting thin
wires.
[Note: just found a small pair of needle nosed pliers and managed to
look up the maker. Then Googled. Mainly US hits, but £plenty!]

I now look at those available on line and I can't tell the difference
between good quality precision engineered and cheap ones from crap
steel.

Something like
http://www.amazon.co.uk/PRECISION-MI...ERS-nipper/dp/
B00439KLYE/ref=zg_bs_1938883031_11
perhaps.

Any recommendations?

I'd rather spend more on a good pair than keep replacing cheap ones.

Cheers

Dave R

I know what you mean. I have a pair of Linstrom side cutters that were
given to me. They must be 50 years old yet still perfect. Only downside
is they do not have insulated handles.

I don't know what's happened to them recently, but somewhere I have a
couple of pairs of Maun side cutters with cantilevered handles. Silver
handles, black blades. Superb, and seemingly indestructible. I bought
them in 1971 in Canterbury market, and they were used, ex-BT stock!