Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark Zacharias[_3_] Mark Zacharias[_3_] is offline

Default Toshiba 2SD424 and B554

"Trevor Wilson" wrote in message
On 13/04/2016 4:56 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 2:34:42 PM UTC-4,
wrote:
I have an older QSC model 1400 in with some blown output
transistors (uses 8 per channel). Original outputs are Toshiba
2SD424 and B554. QSC doesn't sell parts for this amp any longer
because of it's age. Is there a reliable source of these outputs,
or should I replace them all with something newer?

These are a common output transistor and are readily available. MCM
electronics has them as does MAT Electronics and others. Look
around. Dalbani out of Florida should have them as well. IRRC
Dalbani is hte least expensive. That being said, these are usually
$4-$6 each.

Unless you can find "New Old Stock" you should go with modern equivalents.

Toshiba hasn't made these in many years. Any so-called "new" stock are
FAKES.

Onsemi (previously Motorola) MJ15003G and MJ15004G.

In the United States, B&D Enterprises (Bdent.com) is a very reliable
distributor.

1-800-458-6053

Mark Z.