Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default (Totally OT) The NHS

On Monday, 11 April 2016 19:00:46 UTC+1, michael adams wrote:
"pamela" wrote in message

In my mind these failed NHS patient records projects have blurred
into one another although I recall one was written off to the tune
of £10bn a few years ago.

The reason many such projects fail IMO is simply because when
pitching to govt departments, their promoters grossly overstate
the potential enthusiasm of end users for their system. Basically
people are conservative and resistant to change and will frustrate
it at every opportunity. Never mind sabotaging it purely by
accident.

The politicians and decision makers don't want to contradict
them on what they assume are technical matters, rather than total
bull****, for fear of making themselves look stupid; which is
the basis on which all sorts of fortunes, not just in IT
but in consultancy and outsourcing generally, have been
based.

michael adams

The reason they fail is the designers of the system and the users are on totally different wavelengths.
Most fault is with the designers who make assumptions that don't hold water in the NHS which has unique requirements.