Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Idiotic Rocker Switch symbols for ON & OFF

On 4/12/2016 9:28 PM, wrote:

Why should I have to learn binary. Although I have a computer, if I did
not have one, I would not likely even know what binary means. If
anything, they could have at least used something that is meaningful to
everyone, such as a lightning bolt icon for ON and something else for
off (not sure what). (Maybe a circle with a slash in it, like NO SMOKING
and a million other NO signs have.)

You don't have to learn binary, you just have to remember 0 is off. I
do like the lightening bolt idea though.