Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Idiotic Rocker Switch symbols for ON & OFF

On 4/12/2016 10:31 PM, Pavel314 wrote:

What I find really incomprehensible is that my TV has a red light to indicate that the set is off; when you turn it on, the red indicator light goes off. I think that the lack of a picture and sound would be indicator enough that the set is off.

Paul

Not that simple. Lack of picture and sound can happen with the TV on.
It can happen if the cable or sat box is off, if the receiver is off, if
the input is on the wrong setting, sound bar is off, etc.

My TV can be on if the Sat box goes off on energy saver and I'd not know
without an indicator.