Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Toshiba 2SD424 and B554

wrote:

These are a common output transistor and are readily available.

** Not true for a long time.

Fakes are readily available though - I can see that Ebay is full of them.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/parts...ke-2sd424.html

MCM electronics has them as does MAT Electronics

** No sign of them on either's web site.

Dalbani out of Florida should have them as well.

** Dalbani are offering "pulls" on Ebay for $9.25 each.

At least they are not very likely to be fakes.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2SD424-Or...AOxyUrZSq2G ~

I suggest the OP goes to Newark/Element 14 and buys some "ON" MJ15003s and MJ15004s for about $4 each.

Certain to be new and genuine plus do the job better too.

..... Phil