Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Idiotic Rocker Switch symbols for ON & OFF

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 02:38:15 -0400, wrote:

Here is a picture of a rocker switch designed by idiots.
http://cpc.farnell.com/productimages...SW05301-40.jpg

What kind of switch is that? Nothing can stop an "electrician" from
wiring it wrong anyway.
Had a plumber in my house replacing my lift system pump, which has a
wall switch controlling the power.
Told him I'd flip the breaker for safety, and run a extension cord for
light.
"Nah, I'll just flip the switch." He got slightly zapped, because the
damn switch is wired backwards. Had me flip the breaker.
I never trust that a switch is wired correctly.