Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moo is offline

Default Idiotic Rocker Switch symbols for ON & OFF

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 14:31:13 -0400, "dadiOH" wrote:

wrote:

Like I'm supposed to convert this to computer code, when it's not a
computer. Do you really think those other countries, which are
probably computer illiterate will understand this? I doubt it.

It isn't really computer code, it is the binary number for the condition of
a bit (a switch).

And I suspect people in other countries are much more binary and/or computer
literate than are Americans. I was in China in the mid-80s and the only
thing I could find on TV was a program teaching Z-80 assembler.

While I know that about binary, I never even considered that on a power
switch on something that's not computer related. I did not even see it
as a ZERO and a ONE. I only saw a circle and a line.